My Favourite Japanese Eatery: Kyoto Japanese Cuisine

I like Japanese food. Do you like Japanese food?



For all you gourmets out there: Don't be fooled by the title! I am in no way referring to the high-end restaurants that you frequent. Not at all!


In fact, I am talking about a humble coffee shop stall tucked away in the industrial estate of Ubi. While it does not serve the succulent tofu and kaiseki that you might expect to find in Kyoto cuisine, it does serve delicious and very affordable Japanese food that I am willing to eat over and over again.


I know I may sound biased, but there is simply no way to criticize the stall apart for the fact that it is situated rather inconveniently in Ubi - but then again, this is the sacrifice you have to make for the cheap prices! For the price list, visit the Facebook page as linked above. 



The first time I visited the coffee shop, I was immediately drawn to this particular store. What would usually cost me $5.00 at an eatery was now priced at $3.50! And the variety is not disappointing at all.



My favourite set to order is #11: Katsu Don. It seems that every single time I visit this stall, he takes less than 2 minutes to have my order ready. Of course what this means is that the chicken is not breaded and fried on the spot, but I am totally fine with that because it tastes exactly the same as it would it was cooked upon order. Everything from the egg, to the chicken to the rice is lovely! Oh, and if you have to know, the rice is the darling pearl rice that authentic Japanese cuisine uses.



The goodness!


On a recent visit, I noticed that the owner has added mayonnaise corn as a free side dish, which makes my meal even more value-for-money! 

So if you have the time to spare, why not give this amazing Japanese cuisine stall a try? Chances are you'll be just as in love as I am!

Kyoto Japanese Cuisine
Address: Ubi Avenue 2, Block 3021, #1-159Opening Times: Monday-Friday 1030-2000 ; Saturday 1030-1700

xoxo
Valerie


teeseirelav

Wherefore art thou...?

No comments:

Post a Comment